Athlete Within Whey Protein Isolate
Athlete Within Whey Protein Isolate is supported with digestive enzymes and cinnamon to promote nutrient uptake, counter bloating, heartburn and inflammation while soothing the gastrointestinal tract. Containing ZERO sugar, ZERO fat and ZERO artificial ingredients, our whey protein is the purest form of 100% all natural whey protein isolate available. Each serving provides 25g of bioavailable proteins and 5g each of naturally occurring BCAAs & glutamine. Athlete Within provides premium products tested for quality assurance and are trusted by professional athletes*.
Mix 1 scoop (25g protein) with 12oz of liquid. Servings can be increased or varied based upon individual goals. We recommend healthy adults consume enough protein to meet daily requirements through both high protein foods and protein supplementation as part of a balanced diet and exercise program.
- 100% All Natural*
- All 9 Essential Amino Acids*
- 5g Glutamine*
- 5g Naturally Occurring BCAAs*
- Digestive Enzymes & Cinnamon*
- 25g Bioavailable Whey Protein Isolate*
- ZERO Sugar ZERO Fat and ZERO Artificial Ingredients*
Why Science Says Supplement Protein:
- Supplementation is a practical way of ensuring intake of adequate protein quality and quantity, while minimizing overall caloric intake, particularly in individuals seeking the benefits of a high protein diet. (1)
- Increasing dietary protein from the recommended daily allowance of 0.8g/kg can promote favorable changes in body composition such as muscle growth. Increasing it to 1.2–2.4 g/kg (for endurance and strength/power athletes) while restricting energy intake (30–40% reduction in energy intake) has been demonstrated to maximize the loss of fat tissue while also promoting the maintenance of muscle mass. (1)
- Studies show that supplementing with highly bioavailable protein post workout can increase muscle protein synthesis, promote fat loss, minimize muscle damage, accelerate recovery and promote a healthy hormone balance. (1)
- Our protein includes digestive enzymes and cinnamon to promote nutrient uptake, decrease bloating, heartburn and inflammation while soothing the gastrointestinal tract. (2) (3) (4)
|1. Whey Protein Isolate
Whey protein isolate is a form of pure protein that has been separated from sugars, fats, carbohydrates and cholesterol unlike most whole protein sources. This allows you to take in quality protein while minimizing overall caloric intake. Whey protein isolate is highly bioavailable enabling rapid absorption and utility in the body. Whey protein is a complete protein source that is high in leucine and contains all 9 essential amino acids critical to promote muscle protein synthesis.
Lactalbumin and lactoferrin are also present in whey protein and have been shown to improve energy balance, metabolism, and fat loss. (5) Lactoferrin has been demonstrated to have antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant properties playing a role in enhancing lymphatic and immune system responses. In addition, lactalbumin contains an ample supply of tryptophan which increases cognitive performance under stress, improves quality of sleep and may also expedite wound healing. These properties could be vital for recovery after combat and contact sporting events. (6)
2. Papain (Digestive Enzyme)
Papain is a proteolytic (digestive) enzyme extracted from the raw fruit of the papaya plant. Papain helps break down proteins into smaller fragments called peptides and amino acids. Papain also contributes to the maintenance of digestive tract physiology. (2) We include papain primarily to help digest protein and support digestive health.
|3. Bromelain (Digestive Enzyme)
Bromelain is a combination of several compounds, largely composed of a protein digesting enzyme extracted from the pineapple plant. (3) This enzyme can have positive effects in the blood and body, rather than just the stomach and intestines. Bromelain helps reduce heartburn and acts as a decongestant by reducing nasal inflammation. It can also benefit the immune system, support the elimination of burn debris and accelerate wound healing. (3) Bromelain’s effects on fat cells are also under investigation, with promising preliminary evidence. (3) We include bromelain primarily to help increase the uptake and digestion of large quantities of protein, and to maximize the benefits of supplementing with protein.
|4. Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Cassia)
Cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia) is extracted from the bark of the cinnamon tree. Cinnamon extract may assist the regulation of glucose metabolism in diabetic individuals, while supporting healthy blood sugar levels. (4) Cinnamon extract contains powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. We include cinnamon primarily to help soothe the gastrointestinal tract and prevent bloating.